Friday, June 5, 2009

Dr. Doolittle family?

I swear animals are just attracted to us. We are lovers of animals for sure. One night this week, Jason heard some scratching at the door. So to his surprise a turtle was on our doorstep! Just the day before Zachary had found a toad in the backyard and it had become his "best friend". So Jason picked up the good ole box turtle and put it in the backyard so that Zachary could see it in the morning. He is definitely a true boy. When he woke up in the morning I told him about the turtle and off he went trying to find it. He was having a ball carrying it around and protecting it from the dogs. Then all of the sudden he let out this huge screetch and I turned around just in time to see him shaking the turtle off of his finger! The darn thing bit him. I just got done telling him that turtles don't bite... doh! The turtle took a good chunk off of the tip of his finger. In the midst of his crying, he turned to me and said "See I told you he was hungry!" I just died laughing. I couldn't get it to stop bleeding for an hour and a half. I asked him later why did the turtle bite you? He promptly told me he put his finger in his mouth! So go figure. Here are some pictures of him and his "best friends".

No comments: