Monday, June 8, 2009

Complete a 10K - check!

We did it. I can't tell you how glad I am that it's over...ha ha. My goal for the 10K was just to complete it. In 7 weeks, I did the best I could. I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to run any as the week before I came down with a cough/cold. Come Saturday morning our goal was to run 1 mile and then walk 1 mile until it was finished. I have to say it would have worked wonderful if it didn't have so many dang hills!! Most of the big hills were right there at the beginning. Seriously by the time me and charleen hit 2 mile marker, we were like ok you want to do the 5K instead. We both agreed, but as we kept going we decided we couldn't back out and do the 5K when we signed up for the 10K! If I had to crawl across the finish line, I would. They closed the course in 1 hour and 30 mins so we had to get in before then or pretty dang close. At one point, I was totally going to throw up. I never did though. I don't think I could have done it by myself! THANK YOU CHARLEEN!!! I LOVE YA! YOU ROCK! There was several times she was pulling me up hills and tell me to come on now! I probably walked on and off about a mile and a half and jogged the rest. I made it though!!
Here are the results:

Place Name Bib Gun Pace Overall Place Overall by Sex
14 Pierce,Charleen 569 1:30:41.1 14:36 145 61
15 Suter,Katrina 586 1:31:02.9 14:39 146 62


Here are the pictures...ofcourse I picked out the ones where my butt was jiggling...ha!

2 comments:

Hien said...

Congrats! thats fantastic. I managed to walk from the garage to my desk in 2 minutes today! 2 minutes!!

Mel said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!