Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

This year we went up to Longview for Mother's Day weekend for a couple of reasons. 1. My oldest sister Heather graduated from Kilgore College. 2. Cheyenne asked Jason to baptize her. 3. For Granny to see 10th grandchild. Ofcourse, we were able to throw in going to see Seth's field day and doing some family pictures for my mom.


The graduation went fabulous with the kids being pretty quiet sitting in the front row. I'm so proud of my sister for graduating from college! She worked really hard and graduated with honors. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. She has always been a great example to me and I love her dearly!


I'm so grateful that I have a worthy Priesthood holder that is able and willing to use it. Jason did a wonderful job. Cheyenne was very excited to be baptized and to have everybody down to see her make that commitment.



Granny was very excited to see us and see Lucas. She held him as long as she could and was happy. I gave her my present for Mother's Day, a quilt. Not just some old quilt, but one made by yours truly! She loved it and it made all the work definitely worth it! Granny was the perfect seamstress so I just knew she would appreciate something sewn by one of her granddaughters.

1 comment:

Mel said...

You got some skills girls! Great job on the wonderful present to Gma.