Saturday, January 31, 2009

QUARANTINED!

I've hit yet again another fun moment in this pregnancy. I found out yesterday that I have the flu! Mind you there is nothing I can take other than a nasal spray and a night time cough suppressant. I'm absolutely miserable. Can't sleep longer than 2 hours at a time as that is about how long it takes my mouth to become completely dry. I don't have the luxury of breathing through my nose. New spots on my body ache and the aches I already had ache double what it has been lately. The Dr. is extremely worried about me getting the flu so late in pregnancy. With Lucas sitting high, my lungs aren't able to expand fully so extreme shortness of breath is a concern for both me and Lucas. Kind of need oxygen. She said in many cases of pregnant woman having the flu in their third trimester has quickly turned into Bronchitis &/or Pneumonia. Which will then require hospitalization. So in hopes of avoiding that, I've been told to quarantine myself in the house for 2 full weeks. I am not allowed to go anywhere but where I absolutely have to (like those weekly O.B. visits). I guess this is what I get for whining about how long my last 5 weeks of pregnancy is taking. Now I need to watch out for Zachary or Jason getting it. So that I don't get it again. I'm still contagious as my fever hasn't broken yet. They say you are contagious 5 days for an adult and 10 days for kids. I'm on my 6th box of Kleenexes and my last strand of sanity. Pray for me please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo sorry you have to deal with this! Do you have help with Zach in the day? Poor baby - how much must you suffer?! Lucas must be some kind of special little guy. Though, by the looks of that baby bump - he may not be so little! Get well soon - we will pray for you!

Anonymous said...

:(