Monday, August 23, 2010

Drum roll please.....

Hello Kindergarten! We got to meet his teacher, Mrs. Nakasato, on Friday and see where his classroom is. I was just hoping to have a seasoned teacher for him and lucky he's got one. I just thought he would have a better chance at school if it wasn't a newbie teacher. He is today officially 5 years old! I've been so nervous about him actually getting on the bus even though he said he would. I remember getting on the bus and crying the whole way while laying on the floor of the bus holding the bar underneath the seat. I was really hoping it would go that way for him. Luckily we have 2 girls that live next door that go to the same school that rode with him on the bus so it made it that much better. I don't technically think they were supposed to get on the bus as the bus number they told me wasn't the same as Zachary's, but today I was glad for that. He got on the bus with absolutely no crying. He did latch on to my leg for a moment and then raced to get on the bus. He hopped on and waved threw the window and off it went. And in case you are wondering I didn't cry either....


Not quite awake yet

 
Ready to go


Running down the road to meet the rest of the bus crew


Playing with his new backpack


I'm awake
Playing ring around the stop sign...just completely wired..



Listening to the bus driver


Smiley face through the fogged up window

And it's off..

Please Heavenly Father help him do OK at school!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh man! Kat, what a traumatic childhood memory for you, luckily Z-man didnt have the same experience. I love the pic of him walking down the street w/ his backpack on, TOO CUTE!!

Wanda said...

I totally didn't know of her traumatic experience until this last year... I walked the girls to school in Chicago until we moved back to Longview for a brief period at the end of Katrina's kindergarten year. My poor mom put her on the bus that day for me. I was out job hunting. Obviously her sisters weren't too sympathetic to her trauma. I am very glad Zach had a better school bus experience. Thank goodness we live through these trauma's.