Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New completed Quilts

Quilting is a good thing and a bad thing for me. I love it, because I feel so singular when I do it. Being a mom and wife has definitely made me more plural. On the down side, I have OCQD (Obsessive Compulsive Quilting Disorder). I kind of wish I had figured this out later on in life i.e. when the kids are in school.
So I would have all the quilt time possible....ha ha.


This I made for my cousin Dana's family. She sent me a whole bunch of kids shirts, onsies and blankets she wanted transformed into a blanket. I think the coolest rectangle was the burp cloth rectangles with the kids names embroidered. She didn't want the typical "t-shirt" quilt so I found this pattern and I think it turned out all right. ---Oh and by the way, Dana, I want a family picture underneath it!!!---






This I made for one for Jan's friend who found out she was pregnant again at 45! UGH. So I'm told it truly was a miracle as the doctors said she couldn't have anymore. She is having a little Buck-A-Roo.


I couldn't leave the horse without a cute little face or somethin'! Yeehaw!


Not the best picture, but I stitched around the rocking horses and the squares. I'm not much on a pancake flat blanket so with baby blankets I try to quilt lite.





This one I made for ... well I didn't have a recipient in mind. I just found a really neat pattern for the Dresden Plates (the flower looking blocks) and thought it would be fun in a bunch of different purples. I have to say this project was riddled with problems from the get go. I was cutting all kinds of wrong shapes and thinking oh I can fix it later which of course couldn't happen. This is probably the most hard earned blanket so far. Lots and lots of hours went into this one. I hand stitched the flowers and their centers on. I found out I like hand stitching. It's nice not always having to be tied to the machine.


My camera doesn't do the purples justice. They look more blue, but it's a nice plumish purple. I'm not sure I could give this one away!



3 comments:

Mel said...

Kat...I totally want you to make a bucking horse one for Miss K. Thats so cool!!!

Kathy T. :) said...

I love the rocking horse one too!! I was going to call you and ask about making one for Grant's room - something cowboy/Texas style and for a "big boy" that could be a bedspread. Maybe with denim and bandana looking fabric..? Not sure exactly what I am looking for... the rocking horse is adorable for right now - but I am looking for something that could grow with him - he is a big 3 year old after all! I am totally willing to pay for "parts and labor" as I can see you are completely awesome at this! I will give you a call. PS - your lavnder flower pattern quilt is amazing!!

Natalie said...

you are so amazing at this. I would love to recieve one of these masterpieces from you. if u ever have the urge I am more than willing to talk colors and patterns with you. love you tons Hun. wish we were all closer.