Thursday, March 26, 2009

What birthday?!

I'm not sure how I knew my birthday would suck this year but I've known it for months. I just figured I would be too tired to do anything anyway so nothing was planned. Which was fine with me as the older you get the less you care. My day started out with me waking up and realizing Jason hadn't said Happy Birthday to me before he left. Zachary was getting tired of sitting in the house so we left to go to Anna's house for a bit. House to house is about all I'm willing to do with a nearly 3 week old. Everything was going fine until we heard a loud thud. At first glance, I didn't see any blood and only a small bump on his forehead. Then he told me his arm hurt and sure enough HE BROKE HIS ARM AGAIN!! It's the same arm at the same place except instead of breaking both major bones he broke only one. We took him to the Urgent Care place. He did really good and didn't really cry that much. They did have to put him under so they could reset it. It broke at a 40% angle. I'm not sure how he could have broken it again as the Orthopedic said last time that the bone would be much stronger. Definitely a question I'm going to get an answer to when I take him back to the Ortho today. Here are the pictures of the x-rays the one from 2 years ago and the one from yesterday.


2 years ago:
Yesterday:

Luckily Lucas was asleep the whole time so I was able to hold Zachary in my lap. He really didn't cry that hard like you think he would have.

He may look awake here, but he's out cold. Ofcourse you can see me trying not to cry as the Dr. is setting his arm.


What a happy face I have on huh....



Awake and loopy. Ofcourse we brought the mask home!!



My most delicious birthday cake Anna made for me. I was just so tired at that point that I look completely crazy... Happy Birthday to me....


Motherhood rocks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww dont cry!!!

Thats my boy with is tongue stuck out!!!!!

Anonymous said...

poor Zach...

if you had been on facebook, Jason wouldn't have forgotten to tell you Happy Birthday....