Friday, October 24, 2008

Baby obsession!

Well I've chosen some key pieces for baby Lucas' nursery. Finally decided which 4 in 1 crib I wanted.



A couple of days ago I decided to make a little blanket for Lucas. So I put together some scrap material left over from the back of Zachary's Nana blanket and some scrap material left over from making my nephew Kagan a star wars robe. This was the result. I just love teal and brown together!





So once I made this little blankie, I really wanted that to be the nursery colors, but normally when I get my heart set on a certain color/design I can't find it anywhere. Well today I hit the jackpot!!







Oh boy am I so excited!! The back of the blankie will have a nice chocolate brown backing with a chocolate brown blanket binding. Then my mom will tie it with teal yarn. It's going to be dang cute! Then I'm going to paint the room a light teal color and find something neat to put on the walls that goes along with the cute jungle animals. So if any of my wonderful relatives that paint or anything of the sort, please feel free to create! LOL. Here is a picture today of Zachary in his Nana blankie. Still loving it after 3 years!



Ella apparently approves of the blankie choice....


2 comments:

Mel said...

I love the animal print...too cute!!!

Natalie said...

love the color idea! i love teal and brown together too. So so cute. make sure you take pictures when everything is all set and done. when are you due?