Sunday, March 28, 2010

40 years

My mom had begged her mom to let her get this applique quilt top when she was 17. She promised she would finish it, but alas as most childhood promises go she didn't ever complete it. She has carried it around for 40 years. She gave it to me to see if I wanted another project to do. So we ofcourse had to find some sort of retro print for the backing and I also made the binding out of it as well. I don't particularly like this many appliques, but after weeks on the to do list. I have completed it for her. Here's how it ended up.



3 comments:

hien said...

gorgeous! I love it, you should teach a quilting class!

Mom said...

I love my bed spread and what a precious gift my daughter has given me. It's on my bed and I'm loving it!!!

Thank you Katrina for blessing me with your talent...along with the blood, sweat and tears it took to complete it. It's awesome!

Mom

Mel said...

HAHAHA your mom sounds like my mom...she likes to hand off unfinished projects to me too. Great job!!